The Denver Board of Education is the policy-making body for Colorado’s largest school district. The board is made up of unpaid, elected officials. The board’s powers and duties are established in state law. The board sets the mission and vision for the district, and hires the superintendent to implement its policy direction.
There are seven elected board members, five of which represent regions in the district and two of which are at-large, district-wide representatives. The board members are:
- Dr. Carrie Olson – Board President, District 3
- Jennifer Bacon – Board Vice President, District 4
- Angela Cobián – Board Treasurer, District 2
- Tay Anderson – Board Secretary, At Large
- Barbara O’Brien – At Large
- Scott Baldermann – District 1
- Rev. Bradley Laurvick – District 5
Read more about the roles of the Board of Education on the Colorado Association of School Boards’ website.